Our Hospital Training
- 07 Sep 2021
Training in Vitreo Retina
- Describe principles of posterior segment pharmacology (eg, antimicrobial, anti – inflammatory and growth factors), with emphasis on bioavailability, mechanism of actions, relative efficacy, safety, and potential complications. The fellow should be able to formulate fortified antibiotics and antifungal medications.
- Perform examination techniques, of indirect ophthalmoscopy (20D, 78D, 90D).
- Effective knowledge & competency in interpretation of FFA & OCT of Macula
- Skill in B-Scan ultrasonogram & correlation with clinical findings.
- Identify developmental anomalies of anterior and posterior segment, their impact on visual development, and their management (eg, Iris, lens, retina, optic nerve and choroid).
- Diagnose and formulate management plans to effectively manage common diseases / disorders involving the vitreo-retina and macular diseases.
- Diagnose and formulate management plan for infectious and inflammatory conditions of posterior segment disorders.
- Skill in laser including pan retinal photocoagulation, Barrage laser, Grid laser, Modified grid laser, focal laser and laser hyaloidotomy.
- Develop skills needed for the medical and surgical evaluation and management for posterior segment diseases problems, including vitreous Biopsy, intravitreal antibiotics / anti – VEGF. Fellows should be familiar with vitreous biopsy interpretation of microbiology results.
- Diagnose surgical retinal conditions and appropriate in time referral.
Contents of the Training
- Clinical skills
- Clinical Evaluation
- Surgical skills
- CME/Journal presentation
- Research work